National Waste Management Holdings, Inc. (NWMH) Protects the Environment with a Range of Green Services
In the ‘Advancing Sustainable Materials Management: 2014 Fact Sheet’ (http://dtn.fm/JH1hf
) published last month, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released statistics on the amount of municipal solid waste (MSW) and construction and demolition (C&D) debris generated by U.S. households and businesses. The rising amounts pose a growing risk to the environment and to our health. The range of materials requiring disposal is also increasing.
Since the dawn of the electronic and digital ages, varieties of electronic waste (e-waste), which include computers and associated devices and materials, have multiplied. This mountain of waste poses a troubling challenge to the health of the planet and its inhabitants. Thankfully, it is a challenge that has been taken on by Florida-based National Waste Management Holdings (OTC: NWMH). National Waste is a growing solid waste management company that provides compliant, comprehensive solutions for full waste diversion while managing long-term partnerships with municipal, institutional, commercial and industrial customers.
The EPA Fact Sheet shows that, in 2014, the last year for which comprehensive data is available, Americans generated 258 million short tons (2,000 lbs) of MSW. MSW includes residential waste (including waste from multi-family housing) and waste from commercial and institutional locations, such as businesses, schools and hospitals. About 13 percent, or 33 million short tons, of that was burned as part of an energy recovery scheme. Another 89 million short tons, representing about 35 percent, was recycled and composted, and 136 million short tons, or 52.7 percent, went into landfills.
In addition to the mound of MSW, huge quantities of C&D debris are being generated. In 2014, 534 million tons of C&D debris were disposed of. Concrete composed the largest portion of this assortment, accounting for about 70 percent. Asphalt or blacktop comprised some 14 percent, and wood products made up seven percent. Other products accounted for nine percent combined. Over 90 percent of total C&D debris comes from demolition, naturally, while construction activities generate the other 10 percent. This is all good news for National Waste. When it comes to environmental protection, the company has a range of services that mark it out as decidedly green.
National Waste operates a licensed 54-acre landfill in Hernando, Florida, that disposes of roughly 240,000 cubic yards of construction debris annually. Landfill services include the disposal of C&D debris, asphalt and rock, lumber and wood, brick, wallboard, drywall and plaster, pallets, rock concrete, dirt, sand and uncontaminated soil, plumbing fixtures, non-asbestos insulation, roofing materials and shingles, glass, piping, waste metal, brush and land clearing, yard and tree waste and many electrical and wiring components.
To complement these landfill services, National Waste offers a range of roll off containers for rental. Containers with 20, 30 and 40 cubic yard capacity are available. The company also carries a line of recycled wood mulch and garden mulch, for which it provides bulk delivery service if needed. National Waste’s mulch is proprietary, manufactured from reclaimed and recycled wood at its landfills and transfer stations.
National Waste is also in the vanguard of the thrust by the state of Florida to achieve 75 percent recycling by 2020. The company is looking to transform its services, as well as its fundamental business model, to include a portable picking station in order to meet that objective. The implementation of a portable sorting line at the landfill will enable National Waste to increase its recyclables rate.
National Waste will also start picking clean dimensional lumber, which can be sold to wood pellet producers. The picking station will increase its concrete recycling program by about 25 percent. Additionally, cardboard and shrink-wrap plastic will be baled. The company believes the market for shingles as a fuel and asphalt blend will be growing with momentum in the next year and is dedicated to recycling as much as it can from all of its services.
This aggressive strategy is already showing signs of success. Revenues for the third quarter ended September 2016 were $1.8 million. This represented a 269 percent rise over the third quarter 2015 figure of $0.5 million. Revenues for the nine-month period ended September 2016 were $4.9 million, representing similar growth over 2015 same period revenues of $1.3 million.
For more information, visit the company’s website at www.nationalwastemgmt.com