TNI BioTech, Inc. (TNIB)

Take a look at some of our previously featured companies

TNI BioTech, Inc. (TNIB)

Postby QualityStocks » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:34 am

TNI BioTech is focused on utilizing patented immunotherapy to activate and mobilize the body's immune system to combat fatal diseases. The company's products and technologies improve the treatment and diagnosis of cancer, infections such as HIV/AIDS, and autoimmune diseases. Future initiatives include treatment for multiple sclerosis, herpes viral infections, and other conditions that result in altered-immune response.

The company's product portfolio currently includes IRT-101, an active immunotherapy that works by activating a patient's immune system against infectious diseases and tumor cells; IRT-102, an adaptive immunotherapy that works by isolating and enriching a patient's own immune cells; and IRT-103, an active immunotherapy that works by activating a patient's immune system against HIV/AIDS and tumor cells.

Leveraging the advantages of today's cutting-edge treatment options, the company aims to meet the growing demand for quality healthcare with safer, more effective radiation therapy; new-targeted drug therapies; and minimally invasive surgical alternatives around the world. TNI BioTech most recently signed a letter of intent to open clinics in Africa that will provide advanced treatment for cancer, HIV/AIDS, and autoimmune diseases.

The company plans to continue clinical trials in China during 2012 and 2013, and anticipates starting trials in the United States by early 2013.The company is also in negotiations to acquire a number of other immunotherapy products, patents, and therapies. Led by a management team with decades of experience and solid business plan, TNI BioTech is poised to improve healthcare with active and adaptive forms of improved immunotherapies.
The QualityStocks Daily Newsletter http://Newsletter.QualityStocks.net

The QualityStocks Video Charts http://Videocharts.QualityStocks.net

The QualityStocks Daily Blogs http://Blog.QualityStocks.net

Please see our Profile for Disclaimers
QualityStocks
Site Admin

Re: TNI BioTech, Inc. (TNIB)

Postby QualityStocks » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:46 pm

TNI BioTech, Inc. (TNIB) Appoints Dr. Ronald Herberman to Senior Vice President of Research and Development and Chief Medical Officer Positions

TNI BioTech, a biotech company focused on combating fatal diseases through the activation and mobilization of the body’s immune system, announced that effective immediately Dr. Ronald Herberman has joined the management team as Senior Vice President of Research and Development and Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Herberman’s will be responsible for leading the company’s global development, clinical research, and medical initiatives.

Dr. Herberman brings extensive experience in all phases of drug development and drug portfolio management — including acquisition of new assets, and in dealing with regulators and government agencies. Previously, he held the position of Chief Medical Officer at Intrexon Corporation where he was responsible for scientists and clinicians in discovery, clinical research and development, regulatory affairs, and medical affairs. He was also the founding director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute and Associate Vice Chancellor for Cancer Research, Hillman Professor of Oncology, and Professor of Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.

An internationally recognized tumor immunologist, Dr. Herberman has made major discoveries in his field and has fostered the application of this information to novel approaches to cancer therapy, diagnosis, and prevention. Dr. Herberman has received numerous awards, including the Lifetime Science Award from the Institute for Advanced Studies in Immunology and Aging. The significance of Dr. Herberman’s foundational scientific discoveries is accentuated by his recognition as one of the 100 most-cited research authors during the 1980s.

Dr. Nicholas Plotnikoff, TNI BioTech, Inc. Chairman, stated, “In order to successfully become a world-class leader, we need significant expertise in clinical, regulatory and leadership development, along with a deep knowledge of immunology and Dr. Herberman brings demonstrated strengths in these areas having made major discoveries in his field and has fostered the application of this information to novel approaches to cancer therapy, diagnosis and prevention during his time as a leader at the National Cancer Institute and Founding Director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute.”

“During his career, Dr. Herberman has been recognized as a leader in the field of immunology,” Dr. Plotnikoff continued. “The phenomenon of natural killer (NK) cell-mediated cytotoxicity against tumors was first discovered in Dr. Herberman’s laboratory at the National Cancer Institute in the early 1970s. In addition to his pioneering investigation of NK cells, Dr. Herberman has played a leading role in multiple areas of tumor immunology. TNI BioTech therapies and treatments draw upon the theory that medicine can enlist the body’s own immune system to combat cancer and autoimmune diseases that are Dr. Herberman’s specialty. His experience and strategic perspective precisely meet TNI BioTech’s needs today.”

Dr. Herberman commented, “I am very excited to assume a leadership position in TNI Biotech Inc. I have had the privilege to know Dr. Plotnikoff for about 30 Years and I have been very impressed with his pioneering studies of the effects of opioid peptides on the immune system. I am convinced that TNI Biotech’s drugs have much potential for the treatment of not only cancer, but also a range of other diseases including multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, and Crohn’s Disease. I intend to rapidly build on a pre-existing foundation of clinical research with low dose naltrexone and met-enkephalin, and develop innovative approaches to use them to stimulate the immune system to make an impact on these and other chronic diseases.”

QualityStocks
Site Admin

Postby stockseeker30 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 pm

I think this is the most important part of his resume the fact that he has dealings with regulators and government agencies
I am not a registered investment adviser. Do your own due diligence and keep in mind I receive payment from DreamTeamGroup for research services. Full disclaimer: http://dreamteamgroup.com/disclaimer.html
stockseeker30

Postby mwest » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Yes Dr. Ronald Herberman is going to do amazing things
I am not a registered investment advisor and receive payment from DreamTeamGroup for research (view disclaimers: http://dreamteamgroup.com/disclaimer.html).
mwest

Postby protostars » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:01 am

Using the body's own immune system in the fight against tumors and other diseases remains a major hot button, and Herberman is an internationally recognized tumor immunologist.
Please see profile for disclaimer
protostars

Postby stockseeker30 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:40 pm

And his work in that field has earned him the honor of being one of the 100 most-cited research authors during the 1980s.
I am not a registered investment adviser. Do your own due diligence and keep in mind I receive payment from DreamTeamGroup for research services. Full disclaimer: http://dreamteamgroup.com/disclaimer.html
stockseeker30

Postby mwest » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm

That is something to really boast about
I am not a registered investment advisor and receive payment from DreamTeamGroup for research (view disclaimers: http://dreamteamgroup.com/disclaimer.html).
mwest

Postby protostars » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 am

The company's immunotherapy approach is centered on ways to increase the immune system's own production by increasing production of related good cells and inhibiting bad cells to allow the body to better recognize cancer cells as foreign invaders and thereby remove them.
protostars

Postby QualityStocks » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:01 am

TNI BioTech Inc. (TNIB) Able to Target Numerous Fatal Diseases with Immunology Approach

TNI BioTech aims for world leadership in the area of immunology. It plans to fight infectious diseases by using Methionine Enkephalin (MENK), a human hormone produced naturally by the human immune system. It is believed that MENK is toxic to tumor cells but does not hurt the human body. TNIB’s most advanced clinical programs involve immunotherapy that works by isolating a patient’s lymphocytes and then incubating them together with an enriching external incubation system. After incubation, the patient’s lymphocytes are reinfused back into the patient where they combat and destroy tumor cells.

Although TNIB considers any condition that results in altered-immune response a target for investigation, the company will most likely focus its efforts on using MENK in the treatment of 5 major types of illnesses: 1) Autoimmune states such as rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis; 2) As an adjunct to antibiotics in the treatment of infectious diseases; 3) In cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy, radiation treatments, or surgery; 4) Patients with AIDS, in combination with retroviral drug therapy; and 5) In wound healing or herpes viral infections.

To further its goal of prominence in the field of immunology, the company recently acquired certain technology developed by Dr. Bernard Bihari, a well-known AIDS researcher. The portfolio portfolio contains six patents and applications related to:

• Cancer of the prostate, lymphoproliferative syndrome, including such diseases as malignant lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma;
• Infectious diseases such as chronic herpes virus infections, including chronic genital herpes caused by the herpes simplex virus, Type 2, chronic infections due to the Epstein-Barr virus, and chronic inflammatory conditions including chronic fatigue syndrome; and
• A treatment method for humans infected with HTLV-III (AIDS) virus, including patients clinically diagnosed as suffering from AIDS and those suffering from AIDS-related complex (ARC).

Dr. Bernard Bihari was the discoverer of the clinical effects of Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) in humans. In his groundbreaking clinical trial of patients with HIV/AIDS at Downstate Medical Center in 1985-86, Dr. Bihari discovered the significant effectiveness of LDN in protecting the battered immune systems of those who were infected. Equipped with the clinical trial knowledge, he entered private practice in an attempt to counter the then untreatable disease by using LDN – and did so in some cases dramatically. TNIB intends to continue Dr. Bihari’s work on the use of LDN by conducting Phase III trials.

Asked for comment on the purchase of Dr. Bihari’s technology, Dr. Nicholas Plotnikoff, Chairman of TNI BioTech, Inc., said, “I worked with Dr. Bernard Bihari for many years and I believe acquiring all of the technology of Dr. Bihari will allow the company, we hope, to move forward to phase III clinical trials in both the United States and Africa within the next 12 months. In our opinion, LDN holds great promise for the millions of people worldwide with autoimmune diseases or central nervous system disorders or who face a deadly cancer. It could prove to be the first low-cost, easy to administer, and side-effect-free therapy for Cancer, HIV/AIDS, MS and Crohn’s disease.”

Another major step forward for the company was Dr. Ronald Herberman joining the company as Senior Vice President of Research and Development and Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Herberman’s responsibilities include leading the company’s global development, clinical research, and medical initiatives.

Dr. Herberman is widely recognized as a top researcher in the field of immunology. He has received many awards, including the Lifetime Science Award from the Institute for Advanced Studies in Immunology and Aging. During the period of 1981 to 1990, Dr. Herberman was recognized as one of the 100 most-cited research authors in the immunology area.

Dr. Nicholas Plotnikoff, TNI BioTech, Inc. Chairman, noted that the company’s hiring of Dr. Herberman reflects TNI BioTech’s highest priority: to become a world-class leader in groundbreaking therapeutics for patients who are afflicted with cancer, autoimmune, and infectious disease, including HIV/AIDS.

“In order to successfully become a world-class leader,” stated Dr. Plotnikoff, “we need significant expertise in clinical, regulatory and leadership development, along with a deep knowledge of immunology and Dr. Herberman brings demonstrated strengths in these areas having made major discoveries in his field and has fostered the application of this information to novel approaches to cancer therapy, diagnosis and prevention during his time as a leader at the National Cancer Institute and Founding Director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute.”

Dr. Plotnikoff added, “During his career, Dr. Herberman has been recognized as a leader in the field of immunology. The phenomenon of natural killer (NK) cell-mediated cytotoxicity against tumors was first discovered in Dr. Herberman’s laboratory at the National Cancer Institute in the early 1970s. In addition to his pioneering investigation of NK cells, Dr. Herberman has played a leading role in multiple areas of tumor immunology. TNI BioTech therapies and treatments draw upon the theory that medicine can enlist the body’s own immune system to combat cancer and autoimmune diseases that are Dr. Herberman’s specialty. His experience and strategic perspective precisely meet TNI BioTech’s needs today.”

Dr. Herberman commented: “I am very excited to assume a leadership position in TNI Biotech Inc. I have had the privilege to know Dr. Plotnikoff for about 30 years and I have been very impressed with his pioneering studies of the effects of opioid peptides on the immune system. I am convinced that TNI Biotech’s drugs have much potential for the treatment of not only cancer, but also a range of other diseases including multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, and Crohn’s Disease. I intend to rapidly build on a pre-existing foundation of clinical research with low dose naltrexone and MENK, and develop innovative approaches to use them to stimulate the immune system to make an impact on these and other chronic diseases.”

In addition to his other duties, Dr. Herberman will be a member of the company’s executive leadership team. He will report to Dr. Eugene Youkilis, President and the Board of Directors. As the company’s Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Herberman will employee his extensive experience in all phases of drug development and drug portfolio management — including acquisition of new assets and relationships with regulators and government agencies. Dr. Herberman will also retain specific accountabilities relating to patient safety.

To learn more about the company and its immunotherapy technologies, visit www.tnibiotech.com

QualityStocks
Site Admin

Postby armedical » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:19 pm

This is a lot of information to digest. What I took out of this was the benefits that it could have: " 1) Autoimmune states such as rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis; 2) As an adjunct to antibiotics in the treatment of infectious diseases; 3) In cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy, radiation treatments, or surgery; 4) Patients with AIDS, in combination with retroviral drug therapy; and 5) In wound healing or herpes viral infections".
I am not a registered investment advisor. Invest at your own risk. See profile for disclaimer.
armedical

Postby mwest » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Their hope to fight infectious disease without harming the body is huge for them
mwest

Postby stockseeker30 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 pm

One of the greatest risk is treating those whom are already hurting and causing them more harm than good in the treatments so I agree that is a huge point for TNIB to make
stockseeker30

Postby protostars » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 am

Immune enhancement covers a lot of territory, which gives TNIB a diversity and potential that many bio companies don't have.
protostars

Postby armedical » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 am

What is very impressive about this type of technology is that it has the potential to cause little harm to the body because it is boosting the body's own defences and not introducing toxins to ward off disease.
I am not a registered investment advisor. Invest at your own risk. See profile for disclaimer.
armedical

Postby QualityStocks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:53 am

TNI BioTech, Inc. (TNIB) Enters Memorandum of Agreement to Open Pharmaceutical Plant

Today before the opening bell, TNI BioTech, a biotech company focused on combating fatal diseases through the activation and mobilization of the body’s immune system, reported that a Memorandum of Agreement has been signed involving the company and MOV-FAS S.A. to open a pharmaceutical plant in Managua, Nicaragua.

TNIB has acquired a portfolio patents involving Low-Dose Naltrexone (LDN) for the treatment of HIV/AIDS, cancer and other diseases. This acquisition includes more than two decades of data showing Low Dose Naltraxone (LDN) as an effective immune system modulator, without significant toxic side effects or addicting properties, and can be administered by a single capsule taken daily. In anticipation of meeting existing obligations, as well as contracts under negotiation, TNI BioTech reached an agreement with MOV-FAS S.A. to finance and construct a pharmaceutical plant for the production of IRT-103.

According to today’s press release, the new plant will occupy approximately 20,000m² of area in Managua, Nicaragua; an economic free zone designed to promote industrial growth and development in the Managua area. The company secured a lease on the premises with plenty of room for future expansion. Plant construction began in September of 2012 and is being built pursuant to international pharmaceutical GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards. The TNI BioTech facility is expected to be fully operational by the end of next month.

LDN is to be manufactured under the trade name of IRT-103 with the intention of selling the product in Africa and nearby export markets. The plant has the capacity to manufacture approximately One Billion Four Hundred Thousand (1,400,000,000) capsules year.

A partially owned subsidiary was formed by TNI Biotech for this joint venture. The partners in this joint venture are TNI BioTech (which owns 55%); MOV-FAS S.A., the development company (which owns 35%); Pharmaceutical Care Consultant of South Florida, d/b/a Skips Pharmacy (which owns 5%); and GB Pharma Holdings LLC, a subsidiary of GB Oncology & Imaging Group LLC (which owns 5%). TNI BioTech anticipates providing most of the technology; Pharmaceutical Care Consulting will provide quality control and management; GB Oncology & Imagining Group, LLC has provided the initial contracts for the sale of IRT-103; and MOV-FAS will provide the initial capital, the land, and building, but more importantly, local relations to handle all permitting and approval for the venture.

Frank Owens, the managing member of MOV-FAS S.A., and a successful entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience in building and operating businesses in Central and South America, stated, “We are on target to open the new pharmaceutical facility October 15, 2012. The facility will be expanded from production for One Hundred Thousand (100,000) capsules a day to Four Million (4,000,000) capsules per day as demand for the product increases. MOV FAS entered this venture because it believes the project will be a financial success, and simultaneously allow us to provide low cost effective treatments for HIV/AIDS and autoimmune diseases to millions of people in developing nations.”

Christopher Pearce, CFO of TNI BioTech, Inc., added, “TNI BioTech looks forward to working with noted, successful and innovative businessmen such as Mr. Frank Owens and Robert E. Friedrich. Their extensive experience in the field of business development and manufacturing provides the company with a partner ensuring TNIB can meet its IRT-103 delivery contracts beginning the last quarter of 2012.”

Noreen Griffin, TNI BioTech, Inc. CEO, commented, “The opening of this facility is very important for TNIB, as it is a significant step in the company’s development of its licensed, patented, low cost effective treatment for a number of autoimmune diseases and will provide revenue for the company.”

To learn more about the company and its immunotherapy technologies, visit www.tnibiotech.com

QualityStocks
Site Admin

Postby stockseeker30 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Any additional assistance in the HIV/AIDS area will touch so many lives breaking the barriers and improvement in treatement
stockseeker30

Postby mwest » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Don't forget cancer and all the research they need as well, the field is open for TNIB
mwest

Postby protostars » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 am

They certainly aren't wasting any time with this. The new plant is already under construction, and they say it should be fully operation in a little over a month.
protostars

Postby stockseeker30 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:14 pm

This is huge project as well considering that it is 20,000m² of area in Managua, Nicaragua
stockseeker30

Postby mwest » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 pm

That is huge an requires a nice amount of revenue, this really speaks to the financial strength of TNIB
mwest

Next

Return to QualityStocks Previous Clients